Joining our small but dynamic team in the National Union of Somali Journalists (NUSOJ) office in Mogadishu, the Program Coordinator and Finance officer will play the critical role of linking NUSOJ’s administrative and financial programs.
The Program Coordinator will be required to manage and coordinate NUSOJ projects and events, and liaise with and report to project funders and partners. Finance officer will be responsible for financial planning and record-keeping, as well as financial reporting to higher management.
The positions are open to motivated, organized, and efficient candidates able to demonstrate a high degree of initiative and enthusiasm for working in a challenging environment. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Vacant Position: Project Coordination
- Coordinate multiple concurrent projects
- Manage project logistics, including local and international travel
- Monitor and report on project progress, and ensure deadlines are adhered to
- Support the NUSOJ Finance & Administration Officers with financial management of projects
- Liaise with project funders
- Manage NUSOJ events and training courses
- Manage the NUSOJ mailing list and prepare regular mail-outs
- Update and manage NUSOJ social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube
- At least two years of professional experience in a management/coordination position with media institutes, advocacy organizations, NGOs, government, or related fields
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree in Journalism, international relations, , or a related field (advanced degree desirable)
- Working knowledge of Somali media
- Fluency in English and Somali languages (knowledge of Arabic is an asset)
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills including use of online content management systems
Vacant Post: Finance officer
Responsibilities; He/she will be responsible
- For maintaining accurate and precise records of all financial expenditures in the location cash book and balance sheet.
- Ensuring all project records are stored in a sensible and logical manner, and kept up-to date, providing a suitable audit trail over the life of the project.
- Preparing the monthly accounts according to NUSOJ format.
- Ensuring the correct paperwork is present and attached to all purchases and invoices.
- Digital and physical filing of accounts and financial documents.
- Analysing quotations on price/quality basis
- Must have excellent spoken and written English
- High level profiency in Microsoft office, particularly word, outlook, and excel
- Have at least 2 years of financial/account work experience
- Honest with a commitment to fairness and transparency in all dealings
Interested candidates who met the above criteria should send updated applications letter (motivate your interest to get this position and submit applications in English), CV and at least two professional references with contacts to [email protected] not later than Monday 21-December-2015 23:00hrs midnight.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.