Prime Minister Hamza Barre condemns Beledweyne terror attack, vows to pursue perpetrators
Prime Minister Hamza Abdi Barre has condemned Monday morning double car bomb attacks in Beledweyne that left unspecified number of people dead and many others wounded.
The Prime Minister said the government will support the families of the victims of the attack as he bereaved them saying terrorists wants to destroy Somalia.
The Premier said Al-shabaab has done no good for the people of Somalia, referring to their continued insurgency to topple the central government.
In a statement, Hamza Barre said he mourned the “lives of innocent people” killed in the attack in Hiraan, offering his “condolences to the families of those who have died in this attack by the merciless terrorists.
The Premier commended first responders for their life saving efforts after the deadly strike.
So far, The minister of Health of the Hirshabelle State Zakaria Mohamed and the deputy Governor for Hiiraan region have been killed in the attack.
According to other sources, the ATMIS sector 4 commander was killed during the attack.
Hiraan region has been host to offensive military operations targeting al-Shabab.
The Somalia-based militant group al-Shabaab has claimed responsibility for the attack.
The group which formally declared allegiance to Al-Qaeda in 2012 has been targeting Somalia and its backers for the last 15 years. The militants who have besieged the Federal Government want the West and all Foreign Forces out of Somalia.